What to Bring?
Bears? Ok, yes, there are bears and they're getting less intimidated by humans so it is very important that you bring as little as possible. Anything left in your car that even remotely looks like food, a food container, or something covering a food container may entice a bear to break into your car. Bears are very clever and very strong. They just need to get their claws around the edge of a door or window to remove it from the car. Don't give them any reason to give your car more than a passing glance.
- Use the bear boxes - there are only three and each only holds three to four ice chests
- Don't leave any food, food containers, ice chests, or cosmetics inside your car or tent
- Don't leave any boxes, bags, or suitcases in your car
- Don't cover anything with a blanket or tarp
- Make your car look showroom clean inside
- The NFS Rangers are giving out free citations to anyone who leaves food in their car
Items you should bring -
- Warm sleeping bag
- Light jacket
- Warm clothing
- Flashlight or lantern
- No more than 1 ice chest
- Food for Friday night and Saturday morning
- Something to BBQ Saturday night
- Lounge chairs
- Mosquito repellent
- Sun screen
- Fishing gear (license required if over 16)
- A "Bag Buddy"